ZeeWeed 1000 benefits
- Flexible: cassette design allows for cost-effective retrofits of filter basins of different shapes and sizes.
- Compact: bookshelf style arrangement of membrane modules up to 4 high, making the ZeeWeed 1000 membrane flow to footprint ratio best in class.
- Simple: Large building block design simplifies operation due to fewer process components and connections.
- Gentle: immersed membranes operate on a vacuum, reducing energy and chemical costs over alternative filtration options.
- Unparalleled network and support: As a SUEZ customer, you become part of a customer network, giving you access to our Users Group Conferences, Insight, and 24/7 service support.
- Gravity media filter retrofits.
- Large drinking water plants for lake water, groundwater and settled water.
- Filtration of secondary clarified domestic wastewater.
How It Works
The ZeeWeed 1000 is an immersed Ultrafiltration hollow fiber membrane. The membranes are installed in a cassette, very much resembling books in a book case. The membrane cassettes are installed in a tank.
Feed water enters the membrane tank and surrounds the thousands of membrane fibres contained within. A vacuum is drawn on the inside of the membrane to suck the feed water to the inside of the membrane through many microscopic pores, resulting in a clean filtered water. The suction can be created by a pump, or simply by siphon alone. Particulates and bacteria are too large to pass and so remain in the membrane tank outside of the membrane fibers.
Periodically, water filtration is stopped for cleaning, and the flow of water is reversed. Clean water is pushed from the inside of the membrane fibres and flows to the outside. This pushes off all the material that has accumulated on the outside surface of the membrane and flushes it to waste. At the same time, air is applied to the bottom of the module to scour the membrane surface and aid in the cleaning process. The tank is drained of all backwash waste, then refilled with fresh water, and filtration begins again.
These cycles of filtration and backwash happen automatically so that operation is simple and membranes operate in top form.